Opendi is an international business directory with a presence in 29 different countries. Each country has its own unique domain, but each country works in the same way. With 29 countries spanning five continents, it has grown into a top business directory, helping people discover your local business.
In this guide you will learn how to edit an existing Opendi entry or add a completely new entry to the platform.
How to add a brand new opendi entry
Opendi operates in different countries. You can see all country variants on the main page here: https://www.opendi.com/. With each selection you will be redirected to the domain of the corresponding country.
- Select the country where your company is located.
- Click the “Create a Free Listing” button in the top right corner:
- The first step is to add the company name, description and the name of the person that prospects can contact:
- Next, you need to add the address, phone number, email address (you can choose to show or hide them publicly), and website URL.Note: It is best NOT to add the state to the address field. Once the listing is published, the site automatically assigns your business to the appropriate state based on your zip code.
- Next, add the opening times:
- The next step is to select the business category. You must select an appropriate category from the options provided. Unfortunately it is not possible to add custom categories:
- In the last step you will be asked to verify all the information provided. If you are happy with the entered data, click on the blue button at the bottom of the page (for some reason the text is always displayed in German, but it means “input confirmation”):
- You’ll see the delivery confirmation and a prompt to review the new entry:
- Go to your email inbox, find the email from Opendi and click on the verification link:
- That’s it! Your entry is confirmed. It will be reviewed by the site’s moderators and published live after their approval:
How to update the existing opendi entry
Unfortunately, Opendi does not have a dashboard that you can log into to manage your listing. They also don’t have a feature that allows you to claim the listing. However, if your company is already listed on Opendi, you can update it.
- Go to https://www.opendi.com/ and select the appropriate country.
- Search for your business by either name or category + location:
- Once you’ve found the appropriate profile, click the “Edit Listing” button, which should be right next to the address details.If you don’t see this feature, scroll to the bottom of the page. There the button should be right below the map:
- This will take you to the page you normally see when trying to add a brand new business. Therefore, you can follow steps 3 from the above section (how to add a brand new entry).