October 3, 2023
Apple Arcade adds four new games – NBA 2K24 Arcade Edition, Cut the Rope 3, Jeopardy! World Tour+ and Crossword Jam+ – and more than 30 updates in October
Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Famer Allen Iverson was featured on the cover as a special tribute to the 25th anniversary of the NBA 2K franchise
Apple Arcade offers subscribers fun new games and updates every month, including new releases, award winners, and popular favorites from the App Store. This October, players can continue to build their NBA legacy as the world’s biggest NBA stars return for another exciting season NBA 2K24 Arcade Edition, featuring NBA legend Allen Iverson as the cover athlete; Swipe your way through an all-new adventure with adorable monsters in the hit mobile franchise Cut the rope 3; Challenge the world in the ultimate Smarts game Danger! World Tour+; and go on a relaxing word journey Jam+ crossword puzzle.
“The NBA 2K24 Arcade Edition celebrates 25 years of NBA 2K and pays homage to the place where it all began. “Allen Iverson, NBA 2K’s first-ever cover athlete when the franchise launched in 1999, is back to lead us into a new era of basketball gaming,” said Greg Thomas, President of Visual Concepts. “This year’s edition gives fans more ways to play with all-new modes like Endorsement, new ways to express themselves with MyPLAYER and MyCOURT customizations, legendary showdowns with the greatest fantasy team challenge, and much more.”
In addition to new titles, there are also fan-favorite games such as: Cooking Mama: Kitchen!, Fruit Ninja Classic+And Cityscapes: Sim Builder will receive exciting updates throughout the month. Players can whip up new Halloween treats with Mom, slice fruit with the new Halloween Blade in the Abandoned Dojo, host a city-wide festival to celebrate the Day of the Dead, and more. All games on Arcade can be enjoyed without ads or in-app purchases, and with strong user privacy protections, the service provides a fun and safe gaming experience for players of all ages.
New games available this month include (in order of release):
Danger! World Tour+ (Uken Games): October 6th
At home or on the go, Jeopardy! World Tour+ is a new way to play America’s favorite quiz show. With real danger! Experience in their hands, players will have fun competing against other players around the world in thousands of categories and earning bragging rights as they climb the leaderboards to become Jeopardy! World Tour Champion.
Cut the Rope 3 (Paladin Studios): October 13th
Cut the Rope 3 is the latest chapter in the successful mobile phone series with more than 1.6 billion downloads. It’s an exciting adventure that begins with a mysterious map and the promise of great discoveries. Players embark on an exploration of unknown territories with the game’s protagonist, Om Nom, and cute little Nibble Nom. Your journey with these adorable monsters will take you to breathtaking locations and unique levels full of creative and challenging puzzles. By solving them all, you will find new types of Nommies and become the ultimate explorer. The game features popular characters and signature gameplay mechanics, as well as new challenges and physics-based elements that will delight fans of the series.
Crossword Jam+ (PlaySimple Games): October 20th
Crossword Jam+ takes crossword-style word games to the next level, offering new daily challenges that allow players to end the day and unwind with a relaxing crossword puzzle. Players can simply swipe and connect letters to find words and expand their vocabulary. The game features stunning natural landscapes that are sure to put players at ease, and Arcade subscribers can access the full game without any ads or in-app purchases. As they travel to the most beautiful countries in the world, they solve puzzles that, over time, become increasingly difficult to fit their growing knowledge of words.
NBA 2K24 Arcade Edition (2K Games): October 24th
NBA 2K24 Arcade Edition offers fans new ways to play at home and on the go. In MyCAREER, players can slip into the role of their very own NBA superstar, win fans and unlock endorsement deals with cult brands like Nike, Jordan or Adidas. You can also customize their fit with new shoes, accessories, outfits and tattoos. In addition to current NBA stars, players can also recruit NBA legends to join their streetball team as they compete against AI opponents. With the return of Greatest Mode, players can challenge new GOATs and unlock a whole new roster of NBA superstars and legends. They will assemble the team of their wildest dreams as they compete against other teams in the ultimate showdown with the Greatest Fantasy Team Challenge. Or they sit on the sidelines in spectator mode and play games that match the NBA season with NBA Today. And here’s the kicker: players can now customize their indoor MyCOURT, hone their skills, and then invite their friends to witness their awesomeness via Game Center.
Prices and availability
- Apple Arcade is available for $4.99 (US) per month with a one-month free trial. Customers who purchase a new iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV will receive three months of Apple Arcade free.1
- Apple Arcade is part of AppleOneis individual ($16.95 USA), family ($22.95 USA) and Premier ($32.95 US) Monthly plans with a one-month free trial.2
- Arcade Originals can be played on iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV. App Store Greats are available on iPhone and iPad.
- With an Apple Arcade subscription, a family of up to six gets unlimited access to all games in the catalog.
- The availability of the 200+ titles on different devices varies depending on hardware and software compatibility. Some content may not be available in all regions.
- This offer is valid for new subscribers only. Apple Arcade costs $4.99 per month after the free trial. One subscription covers one Family Sharing group. Offer valid for three months after activation of the eligible device. The plan automatically renews until canceled. Restrictions and other conditions apply.
- The Apple One free trial only includes services not currently available through a free trial or subscription. The plan will automatically renew after the trial period until canceled. Restrictions and other conditions apply.
Apple Media Helpline