Google has announced a major expansion of its conversational AI system, Bard.
Bard is now available in more countries and supports more languages. The update also introduces new features to boost creativity, imagination and productivity.
According to Google, Bard was designed to answer questions and help people develop ideas constructively.
The aim is to arouse curiosity and turn concepts into reality.
With this recent introduction, Bard’s capabilities and reach have grown significantly. This expansion underscores Google’s ongoing commitment to developing Bard into a versatile AI assistant that can collaborate with users on various tasks.
Bard extends his range
Bard is now available in over forty languages, including major world languages such as Arabic, Chinese, German, Hindi and Spanish.
It has also expanded its availability to new territories such as Brazil and Europe.
Before rolling out to these new regions and languages, Google consulted with experts, policymakers and privacy advocates to ensure responsible use of AI.
As Bard’s global footprint grows, Google says it will remain true to its AI principles, listen to user input and maintain strong protections for user privacy and data.
Tailored Bard responses
Google rolled out new features for Bard to make its answers even more helpful to people’s needs.
- Acoustic reactions: Listen to Bard’s responses instead of reading the text. Available in over 40 languages.
- Response Customization: Adjust the tone and style of Bard’s responses to be simple, long, short, professional, or casual. Available in English.
Bard increases productivity
Google introduces four new features for Bard to increase productivity:
- Pin and rename conversations: You can now pin and rename conversations with Bard, so you can easily retrieve previous prompts.
- Advanced code export options: Python code can now be exported to Replit and Google Colab.
- Sharing answers: Bard chats can now be shared using shareable links to encourage collaboration.
- Image Prompts: Bard uses Google Lens to analyze images uploaded with prompts
With these new features, Bard aims to give users the power to nurture ideas, brainstorm creatively, and bring concepts to life.
By supporting more languages and regions while enhancing features like productivity features and customization, Bard is becoming a versatile assistant for a global audience.
As Google Bard evolves, the company faces challenges related to responsible AI practices, privacy, and managing user expectations.
Bard’s major expansion represents an ambitious attempt to make conversational AI more useful, accessible, and collaborative.