Unless you’ve just been living under a rock, you’ve probably noticed that in the last year or so, video has become one of the most widely used Google Business Profiles (GBPs) verification methods.
Video verification tips:
Here is the most important part of video verification; You must plan ahead! Your video must be one continuous shot and contain the following:
- Your current position: To see your Google Maps location, collect outdoor signs, such as your street name, nearby businesses, or the area around your business.
- Business or Amenities: To show that your business is in this Google Maps location, record your operations. This can include things like inventory for sale, branded gear, marketing materials, and tools you use to serve your customers.
- Proof of leadership: To show that you are authorized to represent your company, record your access to employee-only items or areas. This includes things like a cash register, kitchen, storage room, or non-sensitive business documents. You can also open your facility with your keys.
Once you have planned what you want to show in the video, navigate to your Google Business (GBP) profile on your mobile device. Note: If you start the verification process on a computer, you can continue and complete the verification process by scanning the QR code.
Once you’re signed in on your mobile device, here’s what you need to do:
- Beat ‘be verified‘ and then ‘Record video.‘
- Beat ‘Start recording.‘ Follow the steps and record your video.
- Once your recording is complete, tap “stop recording‘ and then ‘Upload video.‘
Video verification for businesses in the catchment area:
We get asked by business owners who work from home and travel to their customers what they should show in their verification video.
Here are the things Google wants to see:
- tools of the trade
- software you use
- With a key, open your home where the company is registered.
- brand truck
- workspace in the house
The waiting game:
Now all you have to do is wait. After you upload your video, Google will review it. Reviews can take up to five business days. If you are verified, you will receive a notification.
If the video method doesn’t work, a “Be verified” button will appear and you can try another verification option.